The Latest SBA Loan News
By Tim Devaney and Tom Stein
Small businesses that are in need of money can improve their chances of getting capital by monitoring the latest SBA loan news to find out about the programs and technical training offered by the Small Business Administration.
SBA Loan News
The most up-to-date source of information for SBA loan news can be found on the Small Business Administration's official website: SBA.gov. The SBA's goal is to help small businesses, regardless of the economic climate. Depending on how well the economy is doing, the government may offer special programs designed to aid small businesses.
The ARC loan program is a good example of how the SBA tries to address the specific needs of small businesses based on current economic conditions. Small businesses who stay on top of the latest news and developing programs can take advantage of the vast resources provided by the Small Business Administration.
Just by visiting the website, small businesses can monitor loan programs, upcoming events, and the latest technical services offered by the SBA.
The SBA website has tools and resources designed for businesses of all sizes and ages. Small businesses can learn about:
- Starting a business - Get the latest advice from the SBA as to how to start a business in today's economy
- Finding a mentor or counselor - Help is available from experienced advisors
- Creating a business plan - Receive training on how to outline goals and objectives
- Establishing a business - Get started on the right foot by establishing the business correctly
- Getting personal and business finances in order - Maintain sound financial records
- Loans, grants, and other sources of funding - Capital resources for small business
- Laws and regulations governing business - Find out about legal rules that impact your business
- How to market a new business - Develop strategies designed to promote your business
One of the most important resources on the SBA's website deals with information on small business loans and grants. Some of the information concerning loans and grants includes:
- How the SBA facilitates the lending process - The SBA's role in helping small businesses get loans with favorable terms
- Specific Loan Programs - Specific loan programs, such as the 7(a) program, that help small businesses get capital
- Disaster Loans - Special loans designed to help victims of disasters
- The Application Process - How the process works, what is needed, how long it will take, etc.
The SBA website offers assistance in getting loans, grants, and other funding sources as well as help finding venture capital partners for startups. In addition to the latest news and events, the SBA website prominently features technical training and services that can help small businesses operate better. The SBA offers online training for:
- Starting a business
- Operating and managing the day-to-day operations of a business
- How to obtain financing
As you can see, the SBA can provide small businesses with virtually all of the news and information they will ever need. Visit the SBA's website to find out about the latest SBA loan news to give your business a competitive edge.
The information and advice provided by Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp. is provided "as-is." Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp. makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to such information and the results of the use of such information, including but not limited to implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Neither Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp. or any of its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates or their respective partners, officers, directors, employees or agents shall be held liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential, including but not limited to lost revenues or lost profits, arising from or in connection with a business's use or reliance on the information or advice offered by Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp.