Your business needs money to grow, and your first reaction may be to think you need a loan. Here’s a strategy you can use to create a little cash plus create marketing leads. Write a book. Before you think of all the reasons you can’t, first let’s look at the ways it could help your business.
A book gives you a level of credibility like almost nothing else. You become the expert for your subject. As the author and co-author of 8 tax and financial books, I can honestly say that writing those books was the smartest business decision I ever made. My first book was written in 2001, and I still get leads from that book. And you can’t imagine what it’s like to have something you’ve written be quoted back to you.
If you have a prospect that is right at the tipping point to becoming a client, handing them a book you authored could be the final thing that turns them into a client. It’s an expensive business card, but it’s much more powerful.
New Client Leads
Create a reason for your readers to reach out to you. Offer additional resources, webinars, an audio version of the book, video chats with you about the book, or you name it. Just give them a reason to come visit you at your website, and leave their contact information. You’re building an opt-in email list that you wants to hear from you.
Once you have a book out in the market place, you may start getting media inquiries. You’ve not got another leg to your marketing plan, and this one didn’t cost you a dime; this is how you build a brand.
You’ll Make Money Selling Books
Writing a book is perhaps the only marketing strategy you can take that will pay you, get you PR, create an advertising tool, and build an opt-in list. Book publishing these days often means eBook publishing. You don’t need to convince a big publisher to take you on; you can publish your book yourself for very little money. Here are several reasons why writing an eBook is even better than writing a regular book.
* eBooks are short. In fact, a short eBook with a smaller price tag will sell a lot faster than a more expensive one.
* eBooks are inexpensive to produce. You can hire a company to convert your Word or PDF file into an eBook, or you can do it yourself. Either way, it’s not going to cost you much money.
* eBooks are in demand. The number of iPads, smartphones, and Kindle or Kindle-like devices are increasing. That means more demand.
* eBooks are quicker to market, and that means you can more quickly build your brand, and establish your expertise.
* eBooks help you build your database, just like print books. You can give your eBook away for free for anyone who contacts you. Or you can write a dozen low cost eBooks for Amazon, and point them to your site to download the rest of the story. And of course, you’ll collect email addresses, names, and numbers.
* eBooks provide content for your website’s blogs, which increases your search engine rankings. Basically the blog can be your book in progress.
Many successful business have grown because of a book. Is yours next?